Thursday, July 05, 2012

Fingers crossed

I got a fortune cookie last night and the fortune said......

Your big opportunity may be right where you are now.

.... and I like that.

I know all fortunes and astrology and stuff are just ambiguous claptrap......

BUT.....

When I went to find the aforementioned piece of paper to take a photograph.... it wasn't there......

I found it tucked down the side of the sofa along with a twenty pence piece!

Cool!

Brief blog, but I'm working tonight and it will be verging on tomorrow by the time I get home, so you'll just have to make do with that!

 

9 comments:

  1. perhaps they will start filming you at the bar.... perhaps centring the plot on your interactions with a cookie barmaid, a cynical old bar hand and a thick couple of customers.....
    that would be original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the premise of Coronation Street?

      Delete
  2. I wish the language of these things was more precise - where were you when you opened it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. on the settee with twenty pence falling out of my pocket!

      Delete
  3. Time you on Jase? I'm working til 8 but might pop in on my way home... Len

    ReplyDelete
  4. Methinks that someone is having you on over that 20p!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you never know when you're caught short in a town that no longer operates a free public convenience!!

      Delete
  5. No to do with this post - but about the bowling club webcam - are senior citizens allowed to have sex on the benches? ...Only, I don't think it's allowed in Sheffield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes as long as they wear protection - which around here amounts to an overcoat and some mosquito repellent!

      Delete