Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Arse!

Happy Full Moon to everyone!

It's a great time when the full moon's out.... I urge you all to take note.

I find the strangest things seem to happen, and although I recently watched a programme which dismissed the concept that alcohol related/fuelled crime increases at the full moon, I still firmly believe that people do act slightly oddly at this special time.

Recently watching a programme about alcohol related/fuelled behaviour does not constitute part of this mad cycle!

I can only begin to imagine the medium jinx that might appear on the "bowling cam" during the course of today!

I'd certainly be interested to hear from anyone who has an unexpected or genuinely uncharacteristic experience today.  I will have my eyes peeled for any such event..... and of course, in looking out for it, invariably this will be the reason I notice it, and probably nothing at all to do with the full moon, but it won't make it any less poignant.

Ok, full moon rant ..... done!

It's my mum's birthday, and of course, I'm totally unprepared for such an event.... i.e. I haven't bought a gift yet and I don't even have a decent card to present.  I am probably going to give her a call shortly and offer her a shopping trip to our local "cheap shop" Mecca, known as Pellon Lane.......

My mum has always been a "jumbler" - she can walk into the most innocuous looking shop and find hours of entertainment in the most unentertaining shelves.  As a child, and of the male persuasion, this is usually to be reciprocated with much showing of the bottom lip and standing around with a decidedly bored or grumpy expression.  Men are, after all, famed for being able to walk into a shop, pick up the first item inside the shop doorway, purchase it, and be back outside wearing said flip-flops, and be drinking a pint of lager, before the girls have put the car keys in their handbags. (Perhaps that's a trifle sexist?)

Dawn's love of them, and my self inflicted absence of money work, have forced me to become a connoisseur of the "bargain" shops - When I had a decent job, I can honestly say, I never had to shop around for anything.... but now I like a bargain as much as anyone.

So, mother's schedule permitting,  Pellon Lane it shall be..... Poundstretcher (which I very rarely visit - on account of it being quite expensive!); Pets at Home (which I sometimes visit for pink cat litter and any offers on fishy cat food); Halfords (What would I want to go there for?); Home Bargains (On a par with B&M - great bargain shopping); Aldi (the home of cheap).

I know mum appreciates a "run out" as the oldies like to call it!!

And if she's too busy, then at least it gives me chance to go and get a card and some bits and pieces.  The advantage of Dawn being at work today is that I wouldn't go with gifts until Dawn can come with me!!

(note: not sure that was very interesting reading for anyone at all..... it DOES however give you a small idea of how my mind thinks, or not as the case may be)

Oh yes, happy birthday mum!


6 comments:

  1. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz! Happy Birthday Mama Fox! Hope you enjoy your birthday trip to "Poundstretcher". Who knows, perhaps young Arctic might even buy you a sandwich from "Aldi". As you know, he's such a generous lad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as it transpires she's too busy with stuff today for the "shopping trip" so I'm off the hook..... only thing now is she'd like to go tomorrow instead.... goans!

      Delete
  2. I have never to my knowledge witnessed any odd behaviour on account of the full moon. But them it was so cloudy last night that nobody could see the full moon anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the moon makes humans potty, there's no doubt about it. Where I live, in the Congo, our local witch doctor jizzed on a baboon's face during a full moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Poundstretcher (which I very rarely visit - on account of it being quite expensive"

      a good throwaway line!

      Delete
    2. in all seriousness..... poundLAND=cheap tat..... poundSTRETCHER=expensive tat!

      Delete