Wednesday, June 20, 2012

They say....

Make hay while the sun shines is what they tell me, and whilst I have no fields, nor do I have grass quite long enough for the purpose of turning into animal feed, it did seem fitting to mow the lawn as the skies darken around me.

In true British fashion, I find myself blogging about weather!  Idiot!

I've mown the lawn and strimmed a little bit around the edges.  I've put a few more stones onto my little dry stone wall in the garden where the tree-that-used-to-be, used to be.  I've pulled up a few buttercups and puled out a load of daffodil and bluebell leaves that were going yellow and rotten.  I've weeded between a particularly overgrown patch of flagstones..... and then sat down and drunk coffee in my garden.

Following on from that..... I took a few photos, and organised some software so that I could make a Hockney-esque photo mosaic or "joiner" as he calls them.... and this small process has taken me the rest of the day - time flies when you're tinkering with computers!!

Anyhoo.......  without further ado..... here's my first effort at creating a joiner..... which also displays the fruits of my hard work in the garden....... see how nicely all that ties together now?


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. no gnomes, but I DO have a rather tacky and repulsive concrete gargoyle that my sister seemed to think I might want!?!?!

      Delete
  2. I am impressed!
    just strimmed most of my field today and no cannot quite bang the keys on the effing keyboard.... off for a lie down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. strimming is rubbish - try doing it with bare feet to make it more of a challenge!!

      Delete
  3. Impressive "joiner" sir! And I must say that Lord Fox's country estate looks magnificent in spite of the flaming June weather. Where are the ponies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to keep them round the back 'cos they bite the postman's ankles!

      Delete
  4. Kinda Ironic That We Call Call'Em "Dry Stone Walls" When They Always Seem To Be WetWetWet!

    ReplyDelete