Friday, May 11, 2012

Fish on Friday

Hooray for bad weather......  You don't hear me saying that very often.

Today was SO windy and grey......  when I decided to go fishing, I was even doubting my own judgement.

When I got to the pond there was only one other guy fishing right down the other end of the pond, and although a few more showed up over the course of the day, it was quiet.... QUIET I tells ya!

The wind was howling from left to right, along the pond, so I sat at the right hand end (my limited watercraft tells me to fish at the windy side.... instead of seeking shelter ot the other end of the pond)......  Duly seated, kitted and fishing.... the wind howled on.

I managed to set everything up so nicely today that my float managed to stay totally stationary despite the gusty waves.....  I had a really nice depth set up and was registering lovely bites.... lift bites, drop bites.....  great stuff.  I made my own groundbait today with pellets and liquidised bread steeped in water and it was working really well with a good mix of fish.

By two o' clock this afternoon I'd caught dozens of fish.....  lots of roach (some quite small) that topped out at about a one pound weight.  I had three tench, one of which weighed about a pound and a half.  I had three or four skimmers (baby silver bream) toppin up at half a pound and a host of gudgeon (which are never worth weighing!).

Then the wind dropped..... the sun came out..... it rained..... and the fishing went..... rubbish.

Good day though and I'm glad I went out when I could quite easily have stayed in and challenged another computer to some monopoly instead!

This little video made me smile.... for no apparent reason other than it's funny..... and although she wants to be mad at people for suggesting it...... she can't manage it!  Laugh it up!

6 comments:

  1. HAhahahahahahahahaHAHAHA! THis is SO hillarious! Still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you enjoyed it - made me laugh too

      Delete
  2. PS I'm very pleased for you that you had such a successful day fishing. Will they go in the freezer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all for sport - they all go back in the water.... purely for the experience of being outside and fishing!! Crazy but true!

      Delete
  3. I don't think cinnamon is meant to be inhaled, is it? Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having seen this video.... I think it should be turned into an olympic sport!

      Delete