Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Excuses

"Arctic Fox, where are your blog entries for the last three days?" Asked a mustachioed, unkempt school teacher.  "Sorry Sir, the cat ate them and then the dog ate the cat" came my smart-arsed, well rehearsed response.  A hundred lines and one hour of detention were my reward.

I wake up, cold sweat.  Pounding headache.  Must be Monday I think to myself and sitting bolt upright notice it's actually Tuesday.

Well, I've had a rough few days.

I've finished my antibiotics and am starting to feel like I dare loosen the bond between myself and the nearest toilet.

I've deleted the complex series of alarms that I'd created to remind me when to take this, take that, or even eat food.

With a little research and an old carrier bag, to plug the holes in my sieve-like memory, I've managed to fix up my Nintendo 3DS so that it (once again) agrees that it can play games from my "very special" card.  Thank heavens I still have my old Nintendo DS otherwise I don't know how I would have done it!

Apart from feeling like I'm sitting on an infected timebomb..... and my head feels like I drank about fifteen pints of real ale last evening..... everything's coming up roses..... or is it?

In some fevered fit of sleep last night..... I remember hearing, and wishing I had been dreaming..... that ISPs are being told to block access to Pirate Bay!  I mean, you're frikking kidding me right?  Didn't we all get a bit antsy because China blocked Google?  Isn't this just the bloody same?  Can someone tell us what we can and can't look at?  I tell you what.... I'm SO bloody furious that I'm going to watch snooker all day!  Stuff your internet up your arse! 

(but don't, please.... I beg you, bring it anywhere near mine!)


6 comments:

  1. We gutted about pirate bay too :0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye Pirate bay... but there are other places to dig up treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah but not as simply and safely!! I hate all the other engines .... perhaps isohunt is one that sometimes gets a look in.

      Delete
  3. Pirate Bay? It's just off the map and round the western headland. I was there just yesterday - swimming with dolphins. Sorry to hear your body is still misbehaving itself. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the well-wishes.... you'd be more likely to be swimming with sharks in Pirate Bay though.... perhaps you had the map upside down?

      Delete