Monday, May 21, 2012

Bee

Bee to the Gee to the R.I.P!  The Bee Gees have finally become a Bee Gee..... after brother Robin suffled off this mortal coil.... it's a shame and it reminds us all that none of us are getting any younger......

Must... watch.... tele... vision!!

A Walking Dead marathon this evening as Dawn decides she wants to make a break for the end of season wrap party..... we're currently on our fourth episode this evening!!  It's great and all but when you've already seen them, the desire is not quite so strong as the first time through......

I'm motivated to get to the end because I've just gotten hold of the entire 20 episode run of the Danish version of "The Killing" (Forbrydelsen) and that's going to be next on the turntable!!

Started the day short of breath.....  I've got one of those really weak, pathetic, peffy, coughs..... like it's too tight to really bellow out but I can manage a little half hearted affair like someone trying not to cough in the middle of the snooker finals at Sheffield Crucible!!

Finished the day with just as much of an annoying cough and still short of breath.

In the mean-time, I've done a bit of fishing..... stir fried a bit of dinner (unrelated to the fishing)...... and I've watched TV.  That's it.

the fishing was awful today.... this morning it was too cold.... then it was too bright..... then it was too hot..... then I went home......  a bream of about a pound and a half was the highlight of my session despite the unleashing of a new mix of groundbait containing hemp seed, various other seeds and maize..... and some strawberry flavoured sweetcorn!!  I was tempted to scoff it myself.

Anyhoo......

Little chore to run tomorrow and probably going to the Sculpture Park on Wednesday so lots to look forward to.... might even get me grass cut..... 


8 comments:

  1. just re watched episode 2 ( series 2)
    and shat myself when Andrea got attack as Albert chose that moment to leap on the back of my chair....
    okok I live in wales
    biggest thrill I have had in 2 months !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you sound as jumpy as Dawn is..... I always love watching scary stuff with her.... makes ME more nervous for when she's gonna tip something, or pour something, or throw something all over the place when she jumps out of the seat!

      Delete
  2. The first Forbrydelsen is fantastic. Riveting.
    For some reason we fizzled out watching the second series, and haven't even finished it.

    Watch that little cough. I don't like the sound of it. You may have a the beginnings of a little chest infection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. am looking forward to "The Killing" - having just been spellbound by "The Bridge" (Danish/Swedish) it makes me realise how well their television stands up... great stuff...
      As for the chest..... (groans)..... been ill for about six weeks now.... it's alike a self mutating flu and chest infection that gets better then comes back as something else.... seems to change its complexion overnight!! Weird but at least I'm not alone.... everyone in the house has it as well!!

      Delete
  3. I have stopped reading the obituary column, it becomes more like a threat with every week that passes. At least when you go you'll be able to put hand on heart and explain "I told you I was ill".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless Spike Milligan and all that sail in him..... Bunga-looie-lee said the monkey to the flea.... it wasn't much to say but it passed the time away!!

      Delete
  4. Those little petty coughs seems to be going around. Sculpture park sounds good, keep meaning to get there myself. Get the lawn mown first though - get your priorities right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lawn cut..... cough sweets stocked up on..... sunshine ordered..... just got to make a picnic in the morning and we're off!! woohooo and there's a new Miro exhibition that I've not seen yet!!

      Delete