Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Would you....

... credit it?

The great British voting public have only gone and elected hatemongers Nick Griffin and Andrew Brons to the European Parliament. Well, let me tell you this, they can have their seats, and their supporters of diminished mental capacity, but they'll never represent me.

If you can be arsed to sign the petition against them, then you probably would have voted against them, but it's not too late to have a say. Sign here against racism and hatred.

We're a bunch of apathetic voters in this country, and the recent expenses row has meant not enough people could be arsed to vote..... Apparently the whole turnout to the European elections has dropped every year since it started thirty years ago, so it's not just us.

There's a lesson in here somewhere and it's not just that we will all get to see, first hand, what a twat Nick Griffin is, although that may well be the case. Shame on us all!!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to skip the vote until I spotted UKIP poster, and realised I'd only be helping them if I did.

    So I voted, of course.

    The sad fact is that though the BNP are hateful, they do actually represent a small percentage of the population. It ain't nice, but it is democracy at work.

    ReplyDelete