Thursday, January 15, 2009

Peril.

The perils of pressing shift-delete.

For those of you that don't already know, you can avoid your files making their final shuffle into the Recycle Bin by holding down the shift key while you press the delete key. This deletes the files instantly, thus bypassing the security net of the bin.

For those that don't know, I've spent 310 hours playing Pokemon Diamond (since October 18th to this morning). It's been a real labour of love and my creatures were just starting to really like me... I mean REALLY like me!!

For those that don't know - I am a complete idiot and accidentally shift-deleted both the Pokemon game and my progress save file.

D'OH!

5 comments:

  1. That seems to me like a wonderful metaphor for the futility of existence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed!!

    I am a video gamer - it's what I do - it's one of the few vices that I can still muster energy for. I surprised myself at how addictive and engrossing it was to play Pokemon.... I know there are millions of other games out there, but sometimes, occasionally, rarely, you find a game that you can play to this degree....

    Time to move on.... The dice was rolled and my deision was made for me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could abandon the solitary, hermit like, existence and become a useful member of society again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you say that like I have at some point been a useful member of society!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure you want to delete those 97 files?

    FOR CHRISAKE YEEEEEEEEES! oh shit.

    ReplyDelete