Monday, January 19, 2009

Cool, wet grass.

Apparently, or so I am led to believe.... Monday the 19th of January is the most depressing day of the year.

As for me, well it's been a pretty good day.

Apparently, or so I am led to believe.... the fire walker's mantra is "cool, wet grass.... cool, wet grass...." - We've got no shortage of cool, wet grass today. It's been snowing, and it's come damn cold again.... scuppering my walking plans along the way. If I could figure out how to get my "bowling cam" back up and running then I wouldn't have to write weather blogs all the time!!



Love me, love my canal. Anyone who knows me or knows the canal between Marsden and Slawit, will know this particular stretch very well indeed. It's a place I pass often whilst walking and it's also the most photogenic part of the route.... the light was lovely on this day when the canal was frozen over.

4 comments:

  1. Watch out! I am sure that Simon Armitage sometimes wallks that very path. You could end up in one of his poems:-

    Skinhead waiting on the path
    As I walk past he hears my laugh
    He says he is the Arctic Fox
    He's wearing Huddersfield Town socks
    He takes me for a drink in a local pub
    I want to read poems - he just wants grub...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously you're missing me since January 19th marks the third anniversary of my emigration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alimentary, my dear Watson.

    ReplyDelete