Friday, December 12, 2008

JSQDUAOTT.

I'm upset.

I'm not sure what upsets me more:

The fact that, after twenty six years uninterrupted service, Carol Vorderman, the thinking man's crumpet and all round letters and numbers queen, has been forced to step down from her job on the popular, old ladies' favourite game show - Countdown.

Or.....

The fact that I can only make a six letter word out of the final letters selection of the final game.... I'd have liked to send Carol off with a nine letter salute at least, but ADJUST will have to do.

At tea time tonight, Des O'Connor and Carol Vorderman aired their final show. A sad time for telly, and me. The early evening slot will never be the same again.

RIP Countdown. God bless Carol Vorderman and all those that sail in her.



Proof indeed that the old ones are the best. A dog just after it had fallen in, crossing the famous stepping stones at Bolton Abbey, during warmer sunnier months, earlier this year. I watched this dog all the way across, it struggled to reach across some of the gaps, but it didn't panic as much as Dawn did when it was her time to cross. I kinda like the rippled reflections on this one and the skinny wet dog's legs.

Let me just say: With reference to tonight's full moon..... Let someone else say it, but DO take a look here.

3 comments:

  1. Ah I think I've seen those steps in movie! I think humans are more nervous because we only have two legs compared to their four.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably as well that Dawn took the photograph, otherwise your trademark list would have allowed all the water to run out of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually this IS one of mine!! I think I was sitting down when I took it though if that makes any difference!!

    ReplyDelete