Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Jack Frost.

Man, it's officially VERY cold.

Update: Bath - fixed; Shower - new one installed; Boiler - waiting spare parts (possibly a week and I am not convinced that it will fix the problem when it arrives!!).

The gas fire is working overtime, and I am cuddled up with a quilt and a carbon monoxide alarm in case my quest to live in a draft free, superheated, micro-climate, should end anywhere near the wrong end of the disaster scale.

Snow came.... I got up for the customary post drinking, forgot to turn my electric blanket off, five AM whizz!! The ground outside was frosty.... the ground inside wasn't much better!! I went back to bed with a tshirt wrapped round my head like some sort of turban. Woke up at seven thirty.... lo and behold, it's been snowing.

I took an eight AM ride across town to get a new shower with my uncle.... the normally congested journey, was of course simply exacerbated by Joe Public's complete disregard of common sense and highway code.... when snow falls, it's motoring anarchy... It took a while!!

I'm not holding my breath that I'll have central heating again before Christmas now.



Quite literally - Up the garden path at seven thirty in the morning. A snowscape of small proportions. This here bunch of white stuff probably added thirty minutes onto our five mile trip this morning. Not the sort of thing you really want to wake up to when your central heating boiler's acting the lemon!!

5 comments:

  1. It took me just under an hour to get from Slawit to Huddersfield - and I didn't even want to GO to Huddersfield!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my experience... not a lot of people do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sigh ... do i brave the chill to go and meet deco today? he's at the chelsea ground doing a signing session. you used to be able to wait inside, now they get you queuing outside, the bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not snow... that's a light frost. If you want snow come to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chestnuts roasting on an old gas fire,
    Old Fox wrapped up to his nose,
    Yuletide carols ignored at the door,
    And Dawn like a psychedelic eskimo.

    Everybody knows no boiler means cold toes,
    Help to make a seasonal fright.
    Arctic Fox with with his eyes all afroze,
    Will find it hard to sleep tonight.

    And so I'm offering this simple phrase,
    From Toad direct to you,
    Although its been said many times, many ways,
    Get it fixed or you'll turn blue.

    ReplyDelete