Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Crud.

Well, my boiler has gone a bit screwy. It seems to be an annual occurrence and always seems to happen at roughly this time of year... i.e. when I might actually need it!! I called "the boiler man" and he came and took it apart, gave himself a full scale electric shock, told me it's knackered, and left it in a worse state than when he arrived.... charming.... the boiler now doesn't work at all!!

I now get to choose whether to pay for a new circuit board (about two hundred quid) or to replace the boiler (just over a grand!!).

I need a job!!

I am cuddled up on my sofa with a furry blanket and a bloody gas fire (which I hate). I have a carbon monoxide alarm on standby just in case the gas fire misbehaves - I've never trusted them.

Yesterday was cold, wet, foggy and miserable and full of boiler related unhappiness.

Today was so much better that I decided to go up to Norland Moor for a nice walk. I have only done this walk once before and it went a little bit wrong last time, so I was determined to do it right. It was muddier than anticipated, which I can only put down to yesterday's crappy weather.

The rest of the day was spent catching Pokemon... cooking.... taking Lemsip round to soothe Dawn's fevered brow.... watching "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" - which I'm finding strangely watchable this year, where three days into the show in previous years I had already lost interest.



I could've picked a dozen photos to commemorate my day, but I find this one equally pleasing and frustrating. This is one of many views across Norland Moor, looking directly North East and over the Calder Valley. You can just make out Wainhouse Tower poking above the horizon above Sowerby Bridge.

4 comments:

  1. Norland Moor.The Best Of British! I have never been up Wainhouse Tower yet! I keep waiting for Calderdale Council to install a lift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having no heat....not fun. My gas line gave out a couple years ago. So not only was I heatless but had no hot water either. Awful expensive project that took over three months to complete. Brrrrr. I'm not a cold shower kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hot water is also done by the same malfunctioning boiler!! GRRR and BRRR

    Yes to Norland Moor

    Thanks for "warm" comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a definite advantage to being cold blooded.

    ReplyDelete