Thursday, August 28, 2008

Turtle.

A few beers with my cousin and the infamous Turtle of Huddersfield town, yielded a bag of home grown veg, the likes of which I have not experienced since I was a kidd-a-lee-dack. The turtle furnished me with courgettes (the size of marrows), spuds, onions, and a jalapeno - in return I gave some bottles of the Turtle's favourite brew, Batemans XXXB.

If you're in the vicinity of the Rat and Ratchet, they have some delicious Golcar Dark Mild on the go at the moment!! Fill your boots!! Also in fine fettle is the Phoenix White Monk - the perfect lunchtime tipple.


A quick shot from the beach at Formby. A young seagull in flight - I am really fond of the blankness of the sky behind..... it's not great photography but I like it.

3 comments:

  1. just look how graceful the wings are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come back from being poorly and there are 6 whole posts from you!
    Good to have you back!
    Pol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's gone all arty on us. I think he's swapped places with Brian Sewell when he was away. The real Arctic Fox is probably traveling through Europe on an architectural grand tour.

    ReplyDelete