Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nearly there....

It's nearly the end of this current series of Big Brother.... it's been a long one, and I'm not overly sad that we are nearing the final week. I think I've done quite well to avoid discussing it here in my blog..... my original blog was very heavily influenced at this time of year by the reality show's goings on and off.

Well, today's not been much of a day.... crumby weather and catching up with paperwork and generally doing a few of those put-off jobs that have reached the end of their shelf lives.


Continuing with another Yorkshire Sculpture Park image (despite belligerent protestations from those who should know better!!) - this is a Sophie Ryder sculpture - her stuff is "interesting" and this is probably one of the saner examples on display.

6 comments:

  1. That isn't art. That's nothing more than a larger version of some tacky Bradfoed Exchange ornament you'd find on someone's mantlepiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even need to dignify that that remark with a response other than to admit to treating it with the contempt it deserves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. big brother is well lame this year, and that's saying something as it's total crap every year. why rot your brain with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "belligerent protestations from those who should know better" - hope you weren't thinking of me! I have also visited the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and like you I am fascinated by the possibilities of sculpture and public art. However, there is some crap about - certainly not the interesting piece you have used to illustrate this post but Henry Moore has never lifted me. I find so much of it as self-indulgent as Damien Hirst's stupid rotting creatures in glass tanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That you, yourself, label the work as "interesting" suggests that even you find it difficult to accept there is any true artistic merit within this supersized noodling. Let's face it, Rodin it is not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting means that I couldn't fully relate to sculptures of her own body with a rabbit's head on it - interesting in that they were amazing objects and sculptures but not something I immediately was able to tune into - interesting in a bit of a "motherly" or "female" way that I, as a bloke, probably will NEVER understand!!

    ReplyDelete