Thursday, May 01, 2008

Jibber jabber.

Too much Mario Kart and no beer makes an Arctic Fox go crazy.
Too much Mario Kart and no beer makes an Arctic Fox go crazy.
Too much Mario Kart and no beer makes an Arctic Fox go crazy.
Too much Mario Kart and no beer makes an Arctic Fox go crazy.
Too much Mario Kart and no beer makes an Arctic Fox go crazy.

I knew I bought my camera for a reason.... I haven't used my new camera half as much as I ought to have.... hopefully now that the weather is slightly more cheerful this is something I will rectify.

Here are a couple of (in my humble amateur photographical opinion) my better springtime shots...


Especially for my friend spice-the-cat... this lovely picture of a blackbird with its beak chockfull of worms heading off to feed its young 'uns - This is bokkeh to the level 11!!!!


Despite my abject disappointment at losing a clutch of robin eggs during a winter storm earlier in the year when my shrub blew down, the dunnocks have made up for it and nested in the ivy that hangs over from next door's garden. I took this picture of a very young dunnock chick... probably only a few days after it fledged... still too naive to actually fly away from a twinkle toed fox and a camera!! (note totally sure it's a dunnock... might be a sparrow... they're quite similar)

4 comments:

  1. Excellent picture, Fox, with a very interesting effect. I always did have a soft spot for picture with a very narrow plane of focus.

    If you ever decide to splash out on an SLR camera you might be interested at the effects you can get with a lensbaby.

    See their website for the kind of thing I'm on about.

    http://www.lensbabies.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, FoX, esp the blackbird. I tried for various wildlife shots last weekend and almost totally failed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure how you got the blackbird's head so sharp when in the rest of the photo there is a hazy, unfocussed quality. Were you looking through a window? You are now officially Huddersfield's answer to Bill Oddie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are neglecting us Mr FoX!
    Pol x

    ReplyDelete