Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tired.

A sleepless night. Hot and bothered, unable to open the window because of the "storms" outside - for "storms", read "wind and rain" - I'd like to know exactly when we started referring to typical British weather as "storms" - An overactive mind, bent out of shape from a marathon job application form (I spent about six hours yesterday working on a single application)..... these were (some of) the factors that have left me tired, miserable and decidedly grumpy today.

I'm not going to comment on the "storms" other than to reveal that unsurprisingly the highest winds were measured in Snowdonia - it's a bloody mountain, what do you expect?

I'm not going to comment on the prospect of the introduction of the "pledge of allegiance" to our schools.

I'm not going to even comment on the disruption of the Cheltenham racing meet, other than the fact that it might mean we get our beloved "Countdown" back on the screens this afternoon.

Not going to mention the prospect of a "green" budget announcement later today that will not increase petrol duties, but will see a levy placed on carrier bags!!

I will however mention......

I nipped out to hand deliver an application form and missed a post delivery that I now have to wait 48 hours to collect from the post office in the town centre. That really irks me!!

I have an interview for the second job that I applied for.

I am going to have a nap.

2 comments:

  1. Erm, Fox? The music... What's with the music? It's as if you've accidently tapped into some adult oriented country music station. This just isn't you... Are you not feeling well? Do you need any help? Is there any hope? Come over to my place... I have reggae. It will make everything alright again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very long nap FoX
    Pol x

    ReplyDelete