Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Scared.

As I sat on the sofa, playing yet another game of Star Wars on my Nintendo Wii at one AM.....

Holy smoke, the whole house began to shake.

It was EXTREMELY windy outside, and at points of the evening several vehicles had been blown over on local roads.

As I sat on the sofa that merrily jumped up and down, I immediately thought a chimney had blown off the roof, or that one of my trees had blown over.

I jumped up and looked outside, but couldn't see anything.

EARTHQUAKE!!

Turns out, I'd witnessed my first ever earth tremor.... and to be fair, it wasn't the kind of experience that you need to witness with any more frequency or severity than that!!

In other news.......

There was a cow of Huddersfield,
Who said that her milk would not yield,
Unless she had her udders feeled!!


Amaryllis cam continues to amaze. The main stem is well over the thirty centimetre mark now, and I am going to have to work out some other way to fit the whole plant into the webcam image.
Biofuel - I don't often make political or news related wranglings on my blog..... there are millions of blogs out there that already do that, and I don't like to pretend that I can do anything as insightful or witty or astute as the myriad of those blogs that do what they do.

Imagine our collective gasps then, when faced with a news item (see earthquake above) AND a political hot potato (see biofuels, following).

Biofuel..... We are apparently supposed to be thankful to the likes of Richard Branson and Co. for trialing these new "eco friendly" fuel products.... well let me tell you..... well why bother...... you all know I loves the birds in me garden, don't ya? Well go and fill this bloody form in and tell Ruth Kelly how you REALLY feel!!

While we are on the subject..... feed some starving buggers too!!

The Hunger Site

6 comments:

  1. You're lucky you were awake to experience the full horror of it. Who wants to be asleep when the walls come tumbling down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel honoured that in the future I will be able to say to the Grandchildren, great-nieces and nephews (whilst sucking on a wizzened Golden Delicious with my 'falsers')..... 'I remember the 'quake of 2008....'... I was living in Gainsborough at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dammit, i'm jealous. the only things that tremble around here are my knees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Mr Fox - I was at first confused by the wind factor too - I thought it had something to do with the shaking.
    Speaking of wind factors - I can produce my own "bio-fuel" after a late night curry. My farts could propel a light aircraft across the Irish Sea. Texaco are thinking of drilling into my belly to access this latent energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just the beginning. Remember Atlantis?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You jammy bugger! I slept right through it! I'd have _loved_ to experience it, though you may be right - perhaps only once!

    ReplyDelete