Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Waking up.

It's the new year for me.

I feel like I am waking up from a deep winter slumber. Like the spring bulbs that have already started to grow green and fresh, I feel a wave of productivity coming along.

Yesterday, I took my car in for its annual service and test certificate.... I will never know why I insist on taking it to the local Honda dealership, and the invoice at the end of this supposedly gentle workout, was more than I can really afford. Do they not realise I haven't earned a single penny in well over a year now??

Today I sorted out all the outstanding bills and paperwork, and only have my passport application left to work through. I also tackled a very troublesome, overfilled cupboard in my lounge, with utter ruthlessness. I even tackled one of those problematic corners of the room that has carrier bags and piles of paper and miscellany piled up in it.

Want to know something else?

I have found a job that I want!!

Yes, I have actually found a job that, not only would I be very good at, but it is a new direction and pays a reasonable starting salary, that would allow me to stay in the house where I live.

I have surprised myself. I have requested an application pack.

2 comments:

  1. Don't think for one minute that I am going to jinx this job by revealing to the world what it is!!

    The very nature of the job would reveal where it is.... and indeed enable anyone reading this to look further into it!!

    More later!!!!!

    FoX

    ReplyDelete