Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The point where I make breakfast.

A bowl of raisin wheats and a cup of black coffee.

I've just sat down to my breakfast, an hour after getting up.... I've been sadly distracted.

I got up, and waded through about a thousand spam emails about increasing my girth, or my breasts, or buying a fake rolex watch or a piece of pirated software. I wonder how many people respond to these emails and ever buy any of the fake, fraudulent and downright useless merchandise on offer... how can the business of spam email be so productive... does anyone make money out of it?

I spend a while using a piece of peer-to-peer software for downloading some music, searching for a tune about a dead horse. I come across a few, but none of which have the right to supersede the "cliffs of dover" song, which you may already be listening to.... one of the songs was by Guns N Roses (note the "N" - it still makes me laugh and I wonder whether it should be capitalised or not?), and when I started downloading it, the user from whom it was arriving promptly decided to ban me.... which set me to wondering why someone would object to having someone else download music from them when they are using a peer-to-peer music sharing software... perhaps they were a horse lover and this leads me to wondering why a horse lover would have a song about a dead horse.... mebbe they were just a MASSIVE Guns N Roses fan??

Ho hum.... so no dead horse track.....

Breakfast beckons......

I switched the television on some time ago and still haven't got around to bringing my Sky box out of standby mode. The DVD player logo is still whizzing round the screen..... I wrestle the remotes and get a picture going..... it's Ray Mears going on about yoinking!! I watch a bit until I realise I have already seen it!!

Breakfast.....

I go down to the kitchen.... and notice out of the window, that the daffodil I have been watching over the last few days is finally open. The first flower of spring (in my garden at least) in all its glowing spring-like glory. I have been meaning to take a photograph of it, so I run upstairs, grab my camera, put on a pair of flip-flops (a fetching look with pyjama bottoms and a "Spider Pig" sweatshirt) and crouching in the garden, manage to get a couple of snaps. I stand up and notice a bewildered looking see-it-all nosey local resident standing at the end of the garden wondering what the hell I was doing...... I wave good morning and head back to the safety of the kitchen.

Breakfast......

I put down the camera, and turn to make my breakfast.....

I notice that my mousetrap has scored another hit!! Mouse number 16, clean and efficiently dispatched. I run back upstairs to get my mobile phone to take the requisite pictures for the "Man VS Mouse" section of my blog (I spend five minutes emptying the camera of all the previous pictures which confuse me each time I go through this exercise)and I empty the trap, reset it, discard the mouse and then clean myself and everything that came in contact with the operation.

Breakfast.....

I get a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee, and marvel at the amount of random thought that can go through one's mind in a short amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment