Thursday, November 01, 2007

Three....

And that's the magic number.

I am starting to relax into the Pole Moor pace of life.

I managed to get my USB Freeview adapter working last night, and it found a fair few channels. so long as I watch television on the computer, I don't have to miss too much now. Heroes was the evening's viewing highlight for me. A real treat.

Today, having let the chickens out into a wind tunnel filled with sideways-rain, and cleaned a veritable mountain of cat puke up, I went back to my house. I read the blogs, had a shower, collected a few more clothes, and tidied up a bit. My house is starting to feel a bit cold and unlived in now. I put the heating on for an hour and played a bit of Pogo.

Blip - Another internet disconnection......

Undeterred, I type on.

Settled into Pole Moor this afternoon - That is, up until the point where I decided it might be nice to watch a video!! Remember videos?? Well, the setup here, like the weather, is wild and unpredictable. After thirty minutes "rewiring" of the TV, the video recorder and the DVD writer, I was watching Whisky Galore (one of my all-time-favourites) and within thirty more minutes, of course I was fast asleep.

I am sure I have broken my heel. It's very painful, and I thought it was an achilles heel injury. When I cast my mind back to what I might have done to cause so much pain and damage, I was reminded of a time in a changing room somewhere, when I pulled on some trousers and caught the back of my heel on the wooden seat in the cubicle. I hit it quite hard, and it did bleed. I had forgotten all about it. I am thinking that recent walking expeditions have aggravated this injury. I really can't live with the concept that I might not be able to walk more than a few miles, or indeed be able to ride my bike. I don't know how long I should wait for it to mend itself before I visit a Google searching doctor about it.

Internet still down..... 11 minutes later and I am back again.

4 comments:

  1. having just come out of 5 FIVE weeks of robocop boot forced inaction..go see a doctor1 don't fool around and try and let it heal on its own sugar..you need to take care of your feet! (i sound like such a wife/mother/nag) sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's all this. Two days living on your own and you're starting to get all weird and have started rambling on about your body falling apart. Didn't Captain Scott's polar expedition end up like this? What's next? Will you be going outside to check on a chicken and saying you may be gone for some time.

    In Canada we have a name for this kind of thing. It's called cabin fever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe you should take up solitaire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just google it yourself and cut out the middle-man.

    ReplyDelete