Thursday, October 25, 2007

Full moon madness....

The full moon is upon us. The madness begins. This full moon does not bring cuckoo, crazy, muhahahahah type madness.... it brings an angry, bitter, cheated madness, that has me firing off emails, left, right, and dead centre!!

By now, you all may be aware that I have recently ordered a camera. It's taken me a while to take the plunge, and I've lost count of the number of cameras that made it into my virtual shopping trolley (or cart if you prefer, to be pedantic that is!!), but never made it as far as the checkout before being virtually dumped in a random position amongst the shelves of the virtual store.

Virtual random shopping.... you don't see much evidence of it really.

Anyhoo.....

The order was placed at 4pm on Sunday afternoon. The "stock" status declared that the item "normally" ships within 1 to 3 working days. Fair enough. I sit back and let the days elapse. I notice the credit card I used has a pending transaction for the requisite amount..... And I wait.

Yesterday afternoon (exactly three working days and half a non-working day later) I have still had no update, and my order still hasn't received a tracking number, and I am under the impression that it is in fact no nearer reaching my sweaty outstretched palms than it was three working days (and half a non-working day) previously.

Contact us.... The last hope. I click the button, fill in their questionnaire style contact form and click "submit". I am warmly welcomed by a screen that tells me "You will receive a reply from us within the next 24 hours".........

Twenty six hours later, and I haven't even had an email to confirm that they have received my query, that they are looking into it, that they are even still a trading company.

I fire off one last email, which I enclose for your amusement:

I am requesting cancellation of the following order.
Your Order, XXXXX at eGears UK

Your website has stated that dispatch would be 1 to 3 working days. The order was placed 4 working days ago and has still not been dispatched and this constitutes a breach of agreement.

I emailed you through this facility yesterday, and was told that I would receive a reply within 24 hours. This has not happened either. Another breach of customer agreement.

Please consider this order now cancelled, and I will be contacting my credit card company in the morning to pursue the pending transaction you have lodged there, with no apparent intention to deliver the ordered item.

It certainly has NOT been a pleasure doing business with you, and rest assured, this experience will be read by hundreds of people on my blog.

Thanks for nothing.
Jason Weaver.


I am now fully anticipating a several month long wrangle to get my money back and to ensure that they do not repeatedly try to deliver said camera in the very distant future. I don't want it, I won't be messed about, if your stock status makes a claim then you should honour it or explain yourself, you should answer all queries promptly. On the basis that they have failed all the objectives listed, I have no intention of giving them my money, and of course, would urge anyone else looking for customer service....

Never use http://www.egears.co.uk/

I run outside and howl at the moon......

2 comments:

  1. Just out of interest, Foxy, what made you choose them as the supplier?

    I used to use a company in the UK named Digital First who had decent prices and good service - they even once phoned me me to say one part of my order was being despatched separately.

    Have a look - at least you have one testemonial for them. www.digitalfirst.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Foxy ...Warehouse Express. You can also get a year interest free so on that premise you can upgrade to something a bit more sexy and pay in a year. Marvellous.

    ReplyDelete