Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Thanks.

I'd like to extend a warm "thank you" to birthday well wishers the world over. It was lovely to receive so many texts, emails, birthday cards, gifts, comments, and facebook wall scrawls. You've all contributed, in no small way, to what can only be described as an enjoyable and memorable birthday.

Last night Dawn took me to Loch Fyne, a fish and seafood restaurant in Leeds. I have wanted to go there for quite some time, and we had a most enjoyable evening, even if I did get rather drunk by the time we got home. A fair meal, a little on the pricey side, with a few niggling faults, backed up by sparkling company of course made the whole experience well worthwhile. Halibut, potted shrimp and a cheese board.

Today I've been relaxing, or "chillaxing" as the kids on the street might say. I've been reading a bit more of the Ben Elton book that I started and drinking lots of coffee. Then, somehow, something happened, and I am still not sure what, but..... I think Dawn must have slipped some Rohypnol (spelling?) into my baked potato.....

I got suckered into going to frigging Ikea!!

It's the worst shop EVER!

I was going to take some random shopping photos, but the whole frikking shop is so disorganised that I would have run out of space on the two jiggy-byte card in my phone. I think I need to award Ikea some sort of "global" random shopping status. No photos required.

A land where products are called "Mokkjokk" or "Tittas" or "Okkenslokkenknockken" is not really a place I am comfortable in.

I am looking forward to the Oktoberfest at the Irish Centre in Huddersfield next week. I have promised to take Fred along on the Friday afternoon. If anyone would like to meet me there for a jar or two of some fine Marsden or Golcar brewed beers, then please let me know and I promise to not be too pissed to achieve this.

Anyone wishing to take part in the Huddersfield Halloween Zombie Slouch on Saturday 27th October, can see the details here. Click the image for a bigger version. Not sure whether to go as a zombie or to just capture it photographically. It's for a right good cause though and I reckon it'll be a screeeeeeeam.

6 comments:

  1. HEY!
    .... I happen to like Ikea very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not forgetting Bryllupsnatten and Fristerinnen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zombie Slouch looks awesome I’m quite tempted to get my backside up to Huddersfield to try our my long awaited Zombie moves.

    My only doubt in my mind is what if the local police force are unaware of the event and start gunning us all down.

    Hmm £29.70 return on the train tempting indeed.

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only good thing about Ikea is the restaurant. A cheap place to eat when you're going to the flicks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unkind souls might say that the Zombie Slouch takes place every Saturday afternoon in Huddersfield town centre. I'm not saying that, but there are those who might.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i KNEW you had a secret love of IKEA ... haha.

    ReplyDelete