Sunday, September 16, 2007

I skimmed flat stones.....

.... Across the remnant of the infamous Black Moss.

The day was not still, and I couldn't hear the ripples for the howling wind and whip cracking rifle fire from the nearby Diggle shooting ranges.

Still, I CAN say I was there. I CAN say the reservoir was about ninety percent empty. I can say that the place is surrounded by heavy machinery and building materials. I CAN say this work has been going on for a year and is set to run for at least another two years. I CAN say that before lunchtime today I was out on the hills, on the Pennine Way searching for the water that wasn't there.

It was a bit disappointing, but it was still frikking awesome to be out in the middle of nowhere with some crazy ambience.

Here's a few photos to commemorate the madness of Black Moss.

Dedicated to Yorkshire Pudding and Gonzo bloggers everywhere.


Which way? The Pennine Way of course!


Didn't look like this in the brochure, did it?


Oh well it's a lovely beach.


For beach, read desert.


For desert, read moonscape.


I can see the sea. Do I win?


Come on let's go look.


You can look, but I'm off home.

No comments:

Post a Comment