Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy....

Happy birthday Ma! (Said in a Nick Cottonesque cockney sparrow accent).

Happy Birthday Ameri-ca!! (See it rhymes).

I am not so sure that us Brits should really wish the Americans a happy independence day, so let's just say, it was a pretty rubbish film, and leave it at that, ok?

I have been a neglectful blogger again.

I have no excuses. I can get pretty busy doing not very much. In fact, it's an action packed week with one thing and another.

I wish the rain would stop, and the wind. I want to be able to get on my bike with some conviction instead of gingerly riding ten minutes up the road and back inbetween deluges. It's quite frustrating, and hardly worth filling a water bottle or breaking open a "Cyclone Bar" for.

Today I am taking the folks across to Holmfirth (That's "Last of the Summer Wine" land to you outsiders!!) to a local art exhibition thing, where my mum's got a couple of pictures up for display/sale. I think she's hoping for some birthday luck to rub off on them and for there to be a "red sticker" on them both.

Spent last evening gift wrapping a veritable cornucopia of small gifts. I often prefer to buy lots of smaller gifts than to present somebody with a disappointing ornament. Ornaments are just shit!! Sorry, got carried away, but they are.... come on..... you should never give someone an ornament as a gift.

Admittedly, I have a few inanimate objects in my house, some of which might even be considered ornaments. I do honestly believe that nobody knows me well enough to presume that they know my taste in ornaments though.

I have inadvertently rubbed tin foil across the filling that relates to ornaments now.......

Can't........ stop............. denouncing................ ornaments.

3 comments:

  1. Ornaments are a serious health hazard.

    A shelf full of ornaments dramatically increases the surface area, within the space, where dust, bacteria and mites can live. The additional area and the increased complexity of the area's three dimensional profile will cause a decrease in the frequency of dusting the said space - this is a simple result of human nature.

    As a consequence, the unhealthy material within the space will tend to remain present longer than if you simply had a flat surface, thereby increasing the toxicity and danger contained therein.

    I would recommend that you only have flat, uninterrupted surfaces in your living space and encourage you to dust at least once a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see pics of your ornaments now...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday greetings to Old Ma Fox! How fortunate she is to have a doting son like you!

    ReplyDelete