Sunday, July 08, 2007

Gibb-on!!

I've got a right old gibb-on.

For those that don't know the Doncaster dialect, that means I am sweating a bit.

Actually I don't think it has anything to do with Doncaster, or indeed anywhere else for that matter. It was a term used by an old friend of mine, and one which stuck with those of us that retained the work ethic of our simian cousins.

Pay 'em peanuts, and you'll get monkeys.

Pay 'em lots, and you'll get expensive monkeys.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a unnaturally sweaty person, nor have I been working too hard. I have just returned from a few miles on the old bike. Feeling great.... my quads are starting to firm up again, and that's fantastic.

My breathing's actually pretty good. I was puffing and blowing for a while today, but it's been quite warm and I did a couple of hill climbs, so it's only to be expected I guess. It feels great to open my lungs up again.

That's what you get when you are a non-smoker I guess!!

I didn't really want to mention yesterday, it somehow seemed too poignant..... I think I dare mention today, that yesterday would have been my cousin Dan's birthday. God bless him. I was thinking about my cousins and my aunty and uncle, but somehow I didn't want to jangle anyone's emotions by letting them know how I felt. I love them all very much!!

Anyhoo.....

Got to go get myself something to eat, and get my act together.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Alright Fox!

    Cheers for the offer of help, i may well still make a extra blog on here, and see what kind of people i get commenting. Then again, i have two spaces and that's confusing everybody for some reason, even Dave!

    "Gibb-on!" HAHAHAHAHA erm... Sounds like what a male gay Bee Gees fan would say! HAHAHAHA think about it.

    Good for you with the non smoking! Shame Charles Kennedy can't take a hint, what a prat eh? Notice how he didn't get fined?

    Anyway, all the best for the week ahead! Take care.

    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up with the biking, I envy you I cycle about 8 miles a day to and from work but it's all roads and nothing pretty like you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was thinking of Dan-star on his birthday.

    We were listening to the new Chemical Bros. CD, and I found myself thinking how much he'd have enjoyed the Salmon Dance.

    I'll have to dance for him - like a salmon swimming upstreeeeeam!

    ReplyDelete