Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I am....

... waiting for the moon.

Wasn't that a Lou Reed song?

It's a gorgeous spring day, blue sky, a few wispy clouds, and deliciously warm.

It's also my six week marker. I haven't smoked a cigarette for forty two days now, and I am seriously pleased with myself. They say the first three months are the hardest, and I am half way through it. To be fair, it's been a bloody doddle.

It's also the first of May.

On top of all this, we are blessed this evening with a full moon. I aim to take some nice photos of it. Last night the moon came out early, and looked stunning in the blue sky. It's always easier to photograph the moon in the day because of the contrast issues..... Tonight could be my night.

All these things happening together...... the sheer syszygy of it all.... It's got to mean something.

I even cut my lawn today, and that's not something that happens very often. Now, if only I could get round to trimming my hoboesque beard and barnett, I'd be laughing.

3 comments:

  1. would you, please, send some sunshine and warmth all across the scandinavia, across the baltic sea for any prize you ask
    :D

    -howling to the full moon-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - the flowers that bloom in the spring tra la! Tra la! Tra la! Tra la! Tra la!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone else get the feeling that all memories of this glorious early summer will soon be drowned out by weeks of torrential thunderstorms?

    When does Wimbledon start?

    ReplyDelete