Sunday, April 01, 2007

There once was a young fox from Hudds.....

No, seriously, I am NOT going to limerick my way through the week.

It's been very difficult this last week, being confined to haiku. There have been days where I have wanted to say things, and it's just not been possible.

One thing I DID discover over the course of the week, that I will point out to you, is a little blog that reports news headlines in haiku. It's just one guy that does it, and he does a great job. It's called "Now haiku", and I know he will appreciate your support.

The smoking, or should I say lack of it, is going really well. I have managed twelve whole days without a cigarette. In that time, I would have smoked four hundred and eighty cigs, yes 480 of them!!!! This would have cost me two hundred and fifty two pounds, yes £126, and for my American or Canadian chums, that's about two hundred and fifty US dollars or nearly three hundred Canadian dollars!!

I have set my heart on buying a new camera with the money I am saving. The camera I want is a Samsung GX10 and it's gonna cost me about six hundred quid, so I am well on my way.

Today, however, my dreams of becoming a photographer, have been shattered.

I have, for quite some time, fancied myself as a wildlife photographer. Dawn doesn't take photographs, but she enjoys looking at the ones I take. Imagine my disgruntlement, when today, she picked up my camera, and with a single shot, managed to catch one of the rarest sights you could hope to see......

Many wildlife photographers have tried to catch a scene like this. None have succeeded, until now. David Attenborough would have been proud to include this in his collection.

An Arctic Fox, captured, engaging in a hitherto unknown activity. It's unlikely that it will ever happen again either!!



You might be forgiven for thinking this is an April Fool's joke, but it bloody well isn't.

I might as well hang up my flashgun now.

5 comments:

  1. I am surprised that you even know how to hold it. Or did you have to google it
    Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Nice one Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you enjoy following:

    http://blog.moment.ee/

    OMG
    ;)))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMFAO
    James usually does all the vacuming, that's of course unless he is in the kitchen, yes I'm serious! ;o) Good for you about the smoking, the savings MUST keep you motivated!
    katt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doff of the cap on the ciggie front, but it appears to have stressed you into uncharacteristic male behavior.

    ReplyDelete