Monday, February 19, 2007

Pizza.

I fancied pizza for lunch. I went to the freezer to dig one out.... ok, I know this isn't good, but it gets better.

What greeted me, upon opening the pizza box, was nothing short of tragic. I leave you with my letter to Stateside Foods!!!

Hello, I have bought two of your pizzas, in a twin pack. I don't remember where they were bought, either from Asda or Morrisons. They have been in the freezer for a while so I am completely unsure about when they were purchased, but the box clearly states - new improved recipe!!!!

I am enclosing a photograph of your pizza, which is, as we speak, sitting in my wheelie bin!

At first, I thought the pizza had become defrosted somewhere along the line, and the topping had slid across, but on closer inspection it is clear, that half of the pizza has NEVER had tomato sauce on it, and the half that has tomato on has all run over the edge.

The cheese "lump" is one of the oddest things I have witnessed from a frozen pizza.

I have to question your quality checking process, as anyone with a working pair of eyes can see, this recipe is clearly NOT improved. If this is indeed improved, then I can only thank my lucky stars that I had not previously purchased your products, and will certainly think twice before buying them again.

Thank you for your kind attention.

There may well be, not one, but two morals to this tale:

1) Don't buy Stateside Foods products!

2) Don't piss off a blogger!!

1 comment:

  1. I can only quote Colin Clive from the 1931 Universal Studios production of Frankenstein.

    "It's alive"

    That's a frankenpizza if I ever saw one.

    ReplyDelete