Thursday, January 18, 2007

Take two.

For some reason, Adobe Acrobat just mangles my laptop. Reading a pdf document half way through a blog, is a sure-fire recipe for frustration.

..... lost blog from memory .....

Coco-nut.

I am sitting at the kitchen table, clutching half a coconut, and typing my blog. One hand for each operation, and alternate bites and blogging.

I don't particularly enjoy the sensation of eating a coconut, but I do love the taste. The texture of coconut appeals to my bizarre taste, in the same way I might apply something metallic to a filling in my tooth, or putting my tongue across a nine volt battery's terminals. You know it's not nice, and you know you shouldn't be intrigued in the slightest...... but I do it all the same.

.... in comes Dawn.....

.... I start to read a pdf document.....

.... the laptop crashes.....

.... I hop around the kitchen, speaking in tongues.....

.... the blog is gone.... gone forever.....

Poor li'l Dawn. Tom and Connor are playing up. She picked up her keys and stormed out, leaving crying children standing in the road. It sounds harsh when written as such, but what lesson will they have learned by this? Forgotten in an instant I would imagine.

So, where was I? Where am I?

Oh, yes.

Today, as a result of the raging storms and one hundred mile an hour winds, we have been left without electrickery for a few hours.

Like any good drug dealer, the electrickery companies have managed to get us all juiced up. We have a myriad of "labour saving" equipment, and entertainment systems, and appliances that we rely on.

One "blip" and I am left without heating, lighting, internet (even though the laptop runs on its own battery), cooker, fridge, freezer, hot water.

It's amazing how much you rely on something, like a nice clean supply. You never know how much you rely on it, or how it gets you through the day, until it's taken away from you.

Here endeth the first lesson.

4 comments:

  1. Give me soof that cool elctricity fix foxy. I wanna get fried!!

    Dunx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have lost a blog bud but it took me FIVE BLOODY HOURS to get back from Preston and THREE of those were Manchester to Stockport.
    AAAAHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know - you English wouldn't last five minutes here in the Great (and literally) White North. We've got snow, ice storms and really bad American TV to put up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We often call my daughter "Coco-nut" (Coco being her nickname from Colleen). Her best friend's name is Megan, so we call her "Nut-Meg"

    Welcome to the joys (and curses) of the non-working. It was a big adjustment for me to go from the office to the home. Motivation is so much harder to come by.

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete