Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Off the radar.

Ok, so I've been neglecting my blog. It's not uncommon, I know. I am a lazy person in most aspects of my life.

So, you might wonder what marvelous and exciting things I've been up to. Truth is, I am struggling to even find material for a new blog entry.

One particular item of note, was a visit to a restaurant in Hebden Bridge (or Herb-den Bridge as it is sometimes referred to by those in the know). The restaurant is a vegetarian venture, which is set up in a sort of "centre" - well I can't explain it, but you can read about it here if you so wish.

The visit to the restaurant - called "laughing Gravy" which is the name of the dog in the Laurel and Hardy film of the same name. - was one of the most enjoyable and unexpected meals I have eaten in a long while.

Unlike "normal" restaurants, this one only runs a single sitting at 8pm. We were greeted and seated, and presented with a menu, from which you don't order anything. You are fed the entire menu, consisting of a selection of four starter dishes, four main course dishes, and three deserts. Sure, there's only a small portion of each item, but it lets you taste everything on offer. Very different.

I heartily recommend to anyone that gets the chance, that they should do so without delay.

In other news....

I managed to take part in the RSPB's Big Garden Birdwatch on Saturday. This entails an hour of effort, in watching the birds that come to the garden, and recording the maximum number of each species that is present at any one given moment. Nobody told the birds about it, and my tally was unusually poor. Such is life. (in case anyone was remotely interested: 1 Dunnock; 2 Robins; 3 Bluetits; 1 Coaltit; 1 Starling; 1 Magpie; 1 Wren; 5 Goldfinch; 1 Blackbird).

I am playing lots and lots of Age of Empires 3 - with the War Chiefs expansion pack bolted on. I can't put it down. I don't know how I ever found time to work. Inbetween bouts of Empires, or when I am too badly beaten to stomach any more, I am hammering Pogo for all it's worth.

Celebrity Big Brother has finished, and the usual bunch of suspects have had death threats, their careers ruined, and have generally been media-savaged. There have been a couple of winners though, and the Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty is probably going to make a whole heap of money out of it. Unlike Jade Goody, or Jo O'Meara!!

Oh, well, that just about wraps up a few days of doing nothing. See you in a while.

2 comments:

  1. Typical Fox - Always at your most entertaining when you think you have nothing to say. How's tricks? I'm freezing my tail off in the -7 highs and the -14 lows here right now. Snow on the ground and squirrels banging on the door asking for nuts. I'm quite envious now I've just read that the UK is having the warmest January since 1914. When it gets that warm over here we dance naked in the garden. Not a pretty sight I can assure you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That restaurant did sound unique and with that many choices you were sure to find something to your liking in every course. What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete