Monday, December 11, 2006

Trying to get in the mood...

This week, I will be mostly trying to get in the christmas mood.

The vast majority of my christmas shopping is done.... only a final foray into the world of shopper's heaven, tomorrow, can lay this beast to rest.

I've watched Polar Express (pass the puke bucket), and It's a Wonderful Life (to which I sobbed loudly). It would appear that my trusty copy of "The Muppets' Christmas Carol" has long since vanished, and I am sad about this.

I've downloaded Nat King Cole's christmas numbers, and listened to some of them.

The presents I HAVE bought, are all wrapped and labelled, neath the festive tree that I have assembled.

The bits to "make and do" are mostly made and done, and I've completely bust my back assembling a specific item today, which I obviously cannot name.

I've eaten christmas cake, and mince pies with brandy butter.

Rather than feeling like St. Nick himself, I am still not getting the joy of christmas. It's just not working. My bank balance is dwindling, and the back spasms are really not helping. I am still feeling like Uncle Ebeneezer.

This year, I have coins in the oven, ready for unsuspecting carol singers.... Oh the joy!!

2 comments:

  1. Aw i'm gonna miss the lit coal of yesteryear!
    Although hot coins is definitely a suitable alternative.
    It just wouldnt be Christmas without the Fox and his ever so inventive Bah Humbug attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw i'm gonna miss the lit coal of yesteryear!
    Although hot coins is definitely a suitable alternative.
    It just wouldnt be Christmas without the Fox and his ever so inventive Bah Humbug attitude!

    ReplyDelete